Universalis, About this blog

Friday, September 30, 2005

Flashback: Dion DiMucci Comes Home

In 1999, Envoy Magazine featured the conversion story of Dion DiMucci from Dion and the Belmonts. Raised a Catholic, Dion left the Church for a sojourn of several years of grace but also some confusion: 'It seemed to me that each individual believer has to acquire enough knowledge on his own in order to know which church can bring him to eternal life. Instead of accepting the Church on God’s terms, I’d have to choose a church of my liking, a church that agreed with me. In those years, I did come to love God’s Word and met some wonderful pastors. But with a new church opening every week with a little different doctrine, it became increasingly difficult and confusing to know what the truth really was.' In the end, he 'met a Father who took this wanderer in His mighty arms, and led him home. Further Reading:

No comments: