Universalis, About this blog

Saturday, July 29, 2006

How will the Schism end?

We don't have a chapel in our university. We have a shared "Spiritual Centre" with communities of different faiths, but no chapel. Last Monday, I had to use the quiet room for praying the Rosary because the actual Centre is being used for Buddhist meditation sessions. The other day we had to ask the rabbi to vacate the Centre and take the quiet room because we were celebrating Mass. I confess that I have to check my sigh when I walk past the Islam prayer rooms which the university provided for their exclusive use.

Across the road is a Greek Orthodox Church. In that Church, they validly celebrate the Divine Liturgy. Inside is the Blessed Sacrament, the body, blood, soul and divinity of our Lord, Jesus Christ. I've been told that we Catholics are allowed to join in their liturgy, but not to receive Holy Communion therein. Apparently, the same holds true for Orthodox regarding our Mass.

I'd sure love to join in their liturgy someday. I bet they have plenty of space for a very small group devoting some time with the Theotokos, our Blessed Mother, meditating on the mysteries of our Lord, Jesus Christ.

How long, Lord?

No comments: