Universalis, About this blog

Friday, January 25, 2013

In me..

St. Paul wrote in Gal 1:11-24 (from today's Office of Readings): "God had chosen me while I was still in my mother's womb, called me through his grace and chose to reveal his son in me." I noted that he did not write that Jesus was revealed to him, but rather in him. God could have revealed himself as an outsider but this was not his plan. He did so from inside, from within, like medicine working internally because the injury was internal. So it is with ours: in our souls (or hearts). But God goes beyond healing: he renews, he transforms into so much more. Saul becomes Paul, the Pharisee becomes an Apostle, a teacher to the Jews becomes Teacher to the Nations. Oh that the day comes when I can marvel at such a grace in me also! But.. can I not do so already? Have I not been washed, justified, and am I not sanctified everyday? Well, the last part is true to a point. How can I be sanctified while sinning, resisting grace by rejecting his commands, faithless to his word? How, if my daily activities are not consecrated to him, if they are not acts of love? It's my move. May I eagerly, courageously, tirelessly and faithfully run the race as St. Paul did! May all Christians do so! St. Paul, pray for us!

No comments: