Universalis, About this blog

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Prayer at Cana

While meditating on that episode at Cana, where Jesus changed water to wine during a wedding feast, a new thought struck me about our Lady's behavior. She told Jesus that the hosts had run out of wine, and the words of his response: "My hour has not yet come." What does his mother say? Does she tell him "son, listen to mother" or "please" or "as you wish"? No, she just tells the servants: "Do whatever he tells you." It's what she doesn't say that struck me today. I think I'll munch on that a bit, but it is very interesting.

It also struck me that meditating on the mysteries of the Rosary (this episode was the second Luminous) is akin to Lectio Divina, or the slightly streamlined "WORD" approach. Of course I'm probably breaking a few rules on either methods by focusing on what was not said, but I think it's something to ponder. :-)

No comments: