Universalis, About this blog

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Had questions for gotquestions

I was checking on the gotquestions.org answer on the difference between the spirit and the soul, and I was bothered by this simple assertion in it that says "humanity is naturally evil". I have sent them questions about this, since it calls to question the God who created humanity. I suggested using St. Paul's assertion that sin came into the world through one man, and sin is the taint of evil on humanity. My point was that "it is important to distinguish humanity *as God intends* that to be, and *post-fall* humanity, which we are living with today. I believe that we cannot use "post-fall" and "naturally" in the same sentence because post-fall is *not* the human nature that God created. Getting this wrong would obscure the horrible reality of sin. It would also obscure the glorious hope we have in the salvation won for us at great cost on the cross."

No comments: