Universalis, About this blog

Monday, June 13, 2005

Our Visiting Priest Said..

.. "and so God sent God's Son.." and, coward that I am, I could not bring myself to ask him about it. I know that someone should, but I've never been confrontational and I suspect that this will remain the case for the rest of my life. But this is not the first time he's used grammatical contortions, not to mention some liturgical abbreviations. Someone had also sabotaged the Psalms yesterday: "We are his people; the sheep of his flock." became "We are God's people; the sheep of the flock." I've never been accused of chauvanism, but this ultra-feminist thought in the Church that requires liturgical and literary contortionism is just missing the point. It's one of those cases that misses the point. It's a pettiness that focuses on form when all that energy and thought should focus instead on the substance of the equal dignity of man and woman.

No comments: