Universalis, About this blog

Friday, February 25, 2005

JP II Recovering after Tracheotomy

The Holy Father underwent a short surgical procedure to help him breathe easier. That will make it very difficult, and against medical advice, I think, for him to speak for a while. On the other hand, I suppose he could use some rest anyway. The usual hand-wringers and smirkers might have a field day with their gloom and doom articles, but what I think this calls for is relief and more prayers. Relief that our beloved Papa can breathe easier, and prayers for his complete recovery over the next few weeks. Personally, I'd also pray that, with the Holy Father unable to speak for a while, we don't get a spate of too many people speaking for him. I'd be particularly worried about the dissident types.

No comments: