Universalis, About this blog

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Leave the quiet of contemplation and witness!

From the Office of Readings on the feast of St. Catherine of Siena:
Now that you are endowed with the gift of my Spirit, cleansed from all stain by the outpouring of my blood, leave the quiet of contemplation and resolutely take up the work of witnessing to my truth, alleluia.

It should not shock me that whatever charisms we receive, gifts of the Holy Spirit, are ordered towards service to others. I actually heard this for the first time at a Called and Gifted workshop run by Sherry Weddell of the Catherine of Siena Institute. But Jesus indeed said "you are my witnesses," his martyrs, and so all his baptized should be. And what a different world we might have were we so faithful in this commission to evangelize!

No comments: