Universalis, About this blog

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A disciple's tongue, a disciple's ears and a disciple's heart

From Isaiah 50: "The Lord has given me a disciple’s tongue. So that I may know how to reply to the wearied, he provides me with speech." Words are powerful indeed, but for what? I think Isaiah hits a few good points: to encourage, to strengthen, to confirm, to comfort, to counsel, to console, to love the weary in their misery. But I can't give what I don't have, and so on top of a disciple's tongue, I need a disciple's ears, in order to learn from the Master, the Word of God. But can one know the meaning of love without enduring pain for the sake of love? So I also need and a disciple's heart, to know the Sacred Heart of Christ on the cross, he who is the love of God in human flesh. And then, my words become action: they become love, to comfort, console, to strengthen, and to aid. Then the disciple's words are made flesh, and God, who is love dwells among us,

No comments: