Universalis, About this blog

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Much ado about nothing indeed

James Valentine in The Australian muses how one goes [B]ack and forth in the quest for diddly-squat The same thing has been on my mind, too. One of the things I distinctly remember from Og Mandino's books is this line from his "God Memorandum": to be everywhere is to be nowhere. I've always been a dreamer, a planner, but my doing needs an upgrade. In fact I've probably missed 20 years of upgrades by now. While my life is far from flat and lifeless -- my kids remind me everyday that they are like plants that will grow in spite of me -- I do feel this frenzied activity around my two jobs and a quarter (no, really, I virtually have three employments right now), and the accomplishments are lacking.

This has been on my mind since the start of the year. Yes, God must be trying to tell me something when I read articles as above, and my kids just happen to have watched Mary Poppins tonight, and their school is preparing for a production of that great movie and its great lesson. And I'm Mr. Banks, make no mistake.

How bad can it get? I haven't had a seven hour sleep since my last bout with a bad cold. Otherwise, I'd be lucky if I get away with six hours. The worst part is it's all my doing. My pride, arrogance, lack of reliance on God and too much on me.

Right. Off to bed, it is 1 am.

No comments: